|2013 Mining Engineer Board Exam: 2 Bicol University grads made it to the TOP 10|
|Written by Liz Navera, Bicol Pulse|
|Saturday, 17 August 2013 12:00|
The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) and the Board of Mining Engineering released the result of the August 2013 Mining Engineer Licensure Examination yesterday. The commission announced that 117 out of 141 examinees passed the 1-day examination, taken last August 13, 2013.
The exam was given by the Board of Mining Engineering, spearheaded by Chairman Cornelio Q. Casido, and its members, Rufino B. Bomasang and Augusto C. Villaluna, and was conducted at respective testing centers in Manila.
The top 10 examinees are as follows:
1. RICHARD PASAPORTE ALAMO CIT 87.10%
2. MARDEE CHRISTIAN LU RABOSA UP-DILIMAN 86.25%
3. FRANCIS LACAMBRA COMBINIDO UP-DILIMAN 85.95%
4. WILMA JUMAO-AS MINGUITO CIT 85.65%
5. RESHNE JAY BANTILAN GONZAGA CIT 85.50%
6. JASON NAVARRO OSTREA SLU 85.15%
7. ALLAN RAY GEGANTO RESTAURO UP-DILIMAN 85.00%
8. DAILYN ASUNCION NIVERO BU-LEGAZPI 84.90%
9. SARAH MAE BAÑARES AJON BU-LEGAZPI 84.80%
10. KEITH ALCAMPOR BELMONTE PSU 84.70%
Victoriously, a graduate of the Cebu Institute of Technology (CIT), Richard Pasaporte Alamo, topped the exam with an average grade of 87.10%.
On the other hand, a graduate of our very own Bicol University (BU), Dailyn Asuncion Nivero placed 8th among the 10 highest places (top 10) in the examination with an average grade of 84.90%. Followed by Sarah Mae Bañares Ajon, also a graduate from BU, who ranked 9th with an average grade of 84.80%.
Remarkably, BU surpassed the performance of other universities by earning an average passing rate of 93.10%, where in 27 out of 29 examinees, all first timers, passed.
Given this outstanding performance, will the result of next year’s Mining Engineer Licensure Exam retain such high marks?